The main purpose of the PowerBI basic course is to get users familiar with modern Microsoft technology.
This technology greatly facilitates the processing and analysis of large amounts of data coming from a number of different sources.
PowerBI can be used to connect to over 200 data sources, merge them in a single model, and create a stable reporting system as the base for making better, faster, and more quality decisions.
This course is most often combined with PowerQuery and DAX courses, the 2 most important tools used for automation and data modeling within the PowerBI system.
Courses that are most often taken in adition to the PowerBI basic course:
- What is PowerBI?
- PowerBI desktop basics
- Visual, Data, Relationship view
- Tables, columns, calculations
- PowerBI web service basics
- My Workspace vs App Workspace
- Datasets, Reports, Dashboards
- Types of report and application sharing
- Types of user licensing
- Data import
- .CSV, Excel
- Basics of PowerQuery interface
- Data transformations using PowerQuery
- Development of a basic data model
- What does the data model mean?
- Loading data
- Merging data
- Star Schema
- Basics of calculations
- The way each calculation in the data model works?
- Data filtering
- Making basic DAX calculations
- Basics of calculation columns
- Columns vs Measures- when to use which type?
- Columns in PowerQuery vs columns in the data model
- Making conditional calculation columns
- Data visualization
- Adding visuals and fields
- Main characteristics of each visual
- Interaction between different visuals
- Filter, highlight, cross filter, slicers
- Interaction between different report pages
- Sync Slicers
- Tooltip page
- Report level filter
- Bookmarks&Selection pane
- Achieving additional interactivity within the report
- Report topics
- Performance analyzer
- Finding slow calculations or parts of models that reduce the speed of interaction
- Uploading a report to a web service
- App workspace
- Application development
- Sharing the app with users
- Collaboration on web service
- Access to reports
- Commenting and subscriptions
- Setting up automatic data refreshes
- Data Gateway
- Schedule refresh options
- Row-level security
- Defining a granular approach to reports depending on the employee position in the company.
- Analyze in Excel
- Merging Excel into a data model and making ad-hoc analysis
- Q&A, quick insights
- Dataflows introduction (optional)
- Admin portal options (optional)
Why choose us?
So far, we have held over 20 training in larger or smaller groups of participants. During courses, we share our experience that we have acquired through 9+ years working with PowerQuery and DAX technologies, and we have been working with PowerBI since its initial launch in 2015.
In addition to training, our company is also actively involved in the implementations of PowerBI solutions (15+ successfully implemented), so we are always head to head with the latest technologies related to the PowerBI ecosystem.
We share our knowledge!
We love to show our knowledge as transparently as possible, so that you know what you are getting for your investment! That is why we regularly publish new blog articles, record videos on the same topics (Youtube channel), and additionally we have created an online video course about the fundaments of the PowerQuery tool!
Price per attendee (netto) *
Course first time held:
*Additional discount is offered for each new attendee. If you have more attendees to apply for the course, or you would like to combine multiple courses, please contact us through the form below. Based on your inquiry, we will send you a more personalized offer.