The PowerQuery course will provide you with incomparably faster and better data manipulation, regardless of which source the data comes from!
PowerQuery marks a revolution in data processing automation. By knowing this tool, you can save a lot of time previously spent in Excel (or other similar tools) to refine and correct the data prior to analysis.
PowerQuery provides an intuitive and simple interface that enables you to create automated data processing scripts quickly. This type of automation saves you time and money, and allows you to do more analysis of the data itself, rather than doing repetitive daily, weekly, or monthly data processing!
PowerQuery is an integral part of Excel and PowerBI, so by knowing this technology you become a data processing expert in the two most used data analysis tools!
Courses most often taken in combination with the PowerQuery course:
A basic course in which one goes through all the most important elements of the PowerBI ecosystem. PowerBI represents a revolution in standalone data analytics and provides business users with the ability to create and analyze advanced reports/models themselves, which previously required an entire IT department.
- What is PowerQuery, the idea behind the tool, and why use it to prepare data
- PowerQuery interface overview
- Query pane
- Applied steps
- Preview pane
- The most important Tabs
- How PowerQuery tool work
- Record transformation steps
- Sequence of execution
- Differences from VBA
- Connecting to online data sources
- Data retrieval automation
- Excel files
- Objects within an Excel file
- Main data transformations
- CSV/Text files
- Connecting to multiple Excel files within the same folder
- Database (SQL)
- The difference between import and direct query
- Switching to SQL database (Query folding)
- Appending Queries
- Merging multiple identical data structures
- Merging Queries
- Merging different data structures via a key column
- Most similar to the VLOOKUP function in Excel, with additional useful options
- Query dependency view
- Branching view of all queries within a single PowerBI or Excel PowerQuery model
- Data types
- Number, Text, Date, Binary, ...
- Column operations
- Splitting, Merging, Rearranging, Removing, Adding, Conditional columns
- Column transformations
- Cleaning, Remove/Replace values or errors, Fill Down/Up
- Text filters, Numeric filters, Sorting
- Pivot vs Unpivot data
- A very useful option for processing "curved" data structures that most often come from Excel exports
- Group By
- An option similar to the PivotTable, just within the PowerQuery tool
- Basics of M language
- let/in syntax
- Transformation steps
- M language structure
- M code reading sequence
- Using predefined functions
- Defining and using parameters to speed up data processing and source location replacement
- Basics of functions
- Why use and where they bring the most benefits in data processing
- Creating functions
- Basic syntax
- How to change a query to a function
- Combining functions and parameters when creating automated scripts
Why choose us?
We have been using the PowerQuery tool for over 8 years, and we are still using it with our clients daily.
In this course, we were able to synthesize the most common problems that our clients encounter in processing different data structures. Therefore, in most examples, you will find similarities with repetitive tasks that you encounter in your business.
Based on our experience and knowledge, we have created an advanced online PowerQuery course with over 8 hours of video material, and we also share our experience through our blog and Youtube channel. This way, we make our knowledge transparent and allow you to see the values you can acquire by working with us in advance.
basic to intermediate
Price per attendee (netto) *
Course first time held:
*Additional discount is offered for each new attendee. If you have more attendees to apply for the course, or you would like to combine multiple courses, please contact us through the form below. Based on your inquiry, we will send you a more personalized offer.